Garden Heights Attendance Reporting
Regular school attendance promotes successful school progress. However, we understand that illnesses or emergencies can occasionally interfere with a child’s attendance.
There are two ways parents can notify the school of a student’s absence. When leaving attendance messages, please include your student’s name, the teacher’s name (or grade level), the reason for the absence, and your relationship to the student.
- Call in and leave a message on our 24-hour attendance line at 766-2651, extension 1194 before 9:00 am.
- Send a message to the Garden Heights attendance e-mail address (email@example.com) before 9:00 am.
Your cooperation in letting us know in advance of the absence is greatly appreciated. In the interest of student safety, the automated School Messenger system will attempt to communicate with parents to verify a student absence. If no contact is made with a parent or guardian involving a student’s absence it will be marked as an unexcused absence. The school’s attendance policy (3122) will allow an unexcused absence to be excused within 48 hours of the absence. After the second unexcused absence, chronic excused absences, or excessive tardies, the school will notify families in writing or schedule a conference to discuss solutions to the truancy problem.
Is my child too ill to go to school today?
A parent’s decision to keep a child home from school when he/she is sick can sometimes be a difficult one. No parent wants to interrupt their child’s learning; however, due to the high communicability of some illnesses, there are times when it is appropriate for a child to stay home.
If your child has any of the following symptoms, he/she should not come to school:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher
- Severe and/or a persistent cough
- Undiagnosed rashes or rashes that have not been treated
- A sore throat with fever, vomiting, or stomach pain
- Infections (strep throat, pink eye, etc.) not yet treated with antibiotics
Garden Heights Elementary24-hour Attendance Reporting Options
By phone: 766-2651, ext. 1194
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Student Name
• Teacher Name or Grade
• Reason for Absence
• Relationship to the student
Print out and place the business card (available as a PDF below) on your refrigerator, near your phone, or in your wallet for easy reference.